Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not bad for a senior in high school.

I'm of the age where old Corollas and Toyota Matrices are a good deal. When I get my own car it's not going to be anything fancy (or even respectably professional) until and if my authorial ship comes in and I'm not, for example, paying tribute into the collegiate coffers. I have, however, had the chance to drive some fancy cars since I started putting the pedal to the metal. I learned on Dad's car, a very fine and businesslike Toyota Avalon. Today, in the process of moving a truckload (literally) of books out of the house--more on that later--I got to take the tiller of this monster:




The Cadillac Escalade, to be precise. It's not exactly a lean mean fighting machine, being what one might call a gentleman's SUV, but it had a bit of a growl when one punched it up and was surprisingly lithe compared to what one might expect (or at least what I expected). I felt like I was driving a bus, though. I haven't looked down on the roofs of so many sedans for a long while. Anyway, I doubt it's the kind of car I'd ever want for myself (especially since its base price is slightly above $50,000), but it was corking good fun to drive. :D

1 comment:

Elisabeth M said...

And you think THAT feels like a bus?

Try a 15 passenger van someday. =P