Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome

You know who I am. If not, then the means to knowing me better that I can most recommend would be reading my posts. :-) I have defected hence out of protest against Xanga, the expansionist weblog empire, which has overstepped the boundaries of reason with their annoying and obtrusive advertisements (see David's site for a marvelously adapted invective against said empire). I shall continue my posting about my doings and writings here, whilst I continue to post my more philosophical thoughts on Musings of a Protestant.

Farewell!

4 comments:

Elisabeth M said...

Dude, we're all migrating en mass! Three cheers for leaving the oppressed control of Xanga and immigrating to the lovely land of blogger or wordpress, where there is no discrimination on basis of ads and monetary requirements!

Sir David M. said...

Welcome aboard, man. Even if it hadn't been for the ads, I think we ought to have switched: Blogger is just plain better!

Connor Hamilton said...

Thanks, ya'll. I agree that this is a much better sort of blog--less like a satellite of Myspace! ;-)

Elisabeth M said...

That's what was bugging me about Xanga - turning into a Myspace wanna be. Not even LiveJournal has stooped that low yet. And Wordpress and Blogger are a different creature all together, which is why I like them. Too much social networking on Xanga. Not enough actually serious blogging. The whole atmosphere was just...getting not so great.