Monday, November 3, 2008

I voted! And other matters.

My sincere thanks to all the dear friends and ClassEd aunts who have been praying for the success of the Reformation Play. It went quite well, and everyone at church seemed to enjoy it greatly. No one forgot any lines, no one seemed especially nervous, and everything came off as planned. So, thank you! :-) A few people took cast photos, and I'm going to see if I can get a hold of those.

I would rather not post the manuscript on my blog publicly, so here's an idea: why don't you e-mail me if you'd like to read it? (merawin -at- gmail -dot- com.) That should be an easy solution without exposing my work to the vagaries of potentially unscrupulous internet prowlers. :D

And, on different subject, I voted yesterday! I'm not sure if I'll tip Oregon over the edge and make it a red state, but it's still an important and satisfying responsibility to exercise. Maybe I'll at least help defeat the various measures that would slather more than $400 million dollars in extra taxes on our county--for an arts center, our community college, and our zoo, my left foot! I ask you!

N.T.W.R.

That's my motto.

No Taxation Without Representation. And here's news for you, local government: I'm representing that I don't want to get taxed more for silly stuff. Got it? :P

I'll try to update afore long with some more of the happenings of my life, including long-delayed pictures from the trip my dad and I took to central Oregon in early September.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

Robert said...

Hold up.

You don't pay taxes, do you? :p

I totally voted for the college one! I think I might've left the others blank, though.

Connor Hamilton said...

Nope...but I will! And I'd rather they not be almost $375,000,000 more by the time I get around to forkin' over some pork to the local lords.

I don't mind a bit if the college lobbies for more money...I just don't want to have to pay for it, willy-nilly, even though I don't use it, my children very likely won't use it, and I probably wouldn't like it much if I went there. :-)