Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I find it curious that, just about when I switched over to Blogger, I can now think of little to post that would actually be worth the ATPs of energy burnt by typing the keys. :-) Maybe it's the fact that posting trivial things on Blogger seems somehow more incongruous than on Xanga, likely because of its more formal format. That is likely a good thing.

I suppose the chief news of any kind that may be of interest is two-fold: one, that I am re-reading Huckleberry Finn for my English class, having once read it on my own, and the interesting-looking Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose; and two, that after next week I will no longer be taking any classes with the Star Torrey Academy. After a generally excellent experience last year, this year has taken a turn for the worse--I now feel like the writing assignments are below my level, the administration is disorganized and inflexible, the discussion is not very profitable, and the general course of learning lacks sufficient depth.

I'm also loving Latin and piano, and writing is going very well. Adieu!

No comments: