Sunday, January 13, 2008

I have a piano student!

That student being the six year-old son of our neighbors across the street. :-) I am a little nervous, but it should be very exciting to guide someone through what I myself was learning seven or eight years ago. It also pays, which never hurts.

I have also added Life of Pi, by Yann Martel, and A Frozen Hell: The Russo-Finish Winter War of 1939-1940 by William R. Trotter, to my reading--the former for school and the latter for pleasure/research.

5 comments:

Sir David M. said...

I rather wish I could think of something to say besides "good for you", but it's early, and I can't. Therefore: good for you, old chap. :-P I do hope it all goes well and that both you and your young student profit from the experience.

Anonymous said...

How are you liking Life of Pi? I've heard a lot about it.

Connor Hamilton said...

Thanks, David! He had his first lesson today, and for his age he did great. He's really cute. :)

I'm really enjoying it, Philip. The author is a fine writer, and I'm intrigued by the story.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Research? Research for what?

Connor Hamilton said...

Thanks, Mary! The Trotter book is research for my World War II novel, as my Russian character takes part in the Russo-Finish War before the Germans invade Russia. :-)