Monday, June 16, 2008

"Cast List"

I copy David all the time simply because most of his ideas are good, so it's a compliment, not just shameless piracy. :-D David had the idea of listing actors and actresses who might play characters in his novel, were it to be made into a film. I believe I'll have a go at the same thing. ;-)

Toni Collette as Teya.

Naveen Andrews as Rashik (maybe). Mom is very much behind this choice because she thinks he's really cute as Sayid. :-)

Joaquin Phoenix as Ameth.

Naomi Harris as Lauthi.

Uma Thurman as Ranua.

Possibly Sienna Guillory as Elana.

Zooey Deschanel as the elusive Kiriana--a minor triumph for which credit goes to my brother. Almost every other actress I've looked up, wondering if she might take the role, has been repulsive to my mental image of her, and this is the first one that wasn't an instant "nope."

I have yet to find someone who would be suitable for Evah, Remon, and several others, but I'll let it rest there for the present.

3 comments:

Sir David M. said...

Teya. She's Ameth's wife, right?

I'd always imagined Rashik a little stouter, but the face works. Noami Harris, Uma Thurman, and Sienna Guillory all fit my mental images, however, so you've described your characters quite well it seems. I must say that Zooey Deschanel looks a little too old for Kiriana, but perhaps it's just that photo.

Connor Hamilton said...

Teya is Kiriana's mother, actually. I don't think I've mentioned her first name for a while.

Maybe it's her hairdo or something. :D I think Deschanel would have been 22 in that picture. Kiriana is a very mature 17, so I think it might work. Unfortunately, the picture is six years old. None of these people are really perfect for their parts, because on the long chance a movie were ever made, it would probably be ten years from now. :-P

Sir David M. said...

Ah yes! Now I remember. It's always easy to confuse unfamiliar names, though 'tis no fault of yours. Interestingly enough, I had imagined Teya a little stouter as well.

Your point about the ages is well taken. Perhaps it's also the fact that I imagined Kiri with somewhat Grecian features that sets Miss Deschanel at variance with my mental images--which, as you pointed out, are quite irrelevant. :-D