Thursday, June 19, 2008

Invida aetas fugit

Today is my last day before I reach Old Geezerdom, which being interpreted is the age of 18. I remember anticipating turning "sweet sixteen." Now I've almost passed (is it sour?) 17. It's been a pretty good year--friends over last summer, the Reformation Play, Latin V, AP English Lit, the SAT, visiting Hillsdale, the bulk of Kiriana so far. Certainly not a "sour" year, if that is indeed the moniker for 17! :D

Oh, and I learned at my piano lesson yesterday that I am definitely to be learning Rachmaninoff's G Minor Prelude over the summer, which happens to be one of the coolest pieces ever. I'm fairly stoked about that. ;-)

EDIT: Kiriana reached 300 pages and over 173,000 words today!

5 comments:

Sir David M. said...

Sink me, sir! You'll be a legal adult in under 24 hours. Perhaps I should start calling you Mr. Hamilton. :-D

Perhaps "salient 17" would be a better designation.

Patricia said...

Happy Birthday, Connor!

May God grant you many, many more. May you continue to grow in wisdom and in favor with God and man.

Breanna said...

Happy birthday!!!

Have a wonderful day as you rejoice with family and friends.
May God bless you as you enter a new era in life, and may He continue to do so for many years to come!

Breanna

Elisabeth M said...

Happy Birthday, Connor!

Gosh, you're getting old. But I really don't think David...or anybody..should call you Mr. Hamilton for a goodly long time. That'd be just downright weird.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Connor!!