Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Driving Milestone Numero 3

The other two being learning how to drive at all and dipping onto the highway. This one was my first bout with that seven-headed beast, the manual transmission. And you know what? I shifted into first without stalling on my first try. (!) 'Course, the next time I tried it the call jolted to a halt and stalled out, but I still proved I could do it. 145-mph chases involving black Charger SRTs with converted six-speed manuals are only weeks away! ;-)

2 comments:

Sir David M. said...

Tirones Fortuna iuvat, I suppose. :-D

Anonymous said...

Ha, that sounds like my first attempt. I drove home 8 or 9 miles from the theatre and only stalled once. The second time, however, I couldn't get out of the parking lot... it was intensely depressing. :D

You may be cheered to know that it will come easily, and soon! I've been driving the manual this week and I'm really getting pretty good at it. Watch out for stopping on hills though!