Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Trip

Over the past three and a half days, give or take, I had the opportunity to visit the Doorninks, which is more or less a once-a-year event. I had a really good time, better even than I had anticipated, and I have many a good memory to preserve. We played piano, walked on the beach, played Twenty Questions, played freeze tag, swam in the bay, had crazy one-sided phone conversations mainly centering around a fictional MI-6 agent I invented named Charlie Chivers, fun late evening conversations about overpriced and useless Lord of the Rings merchandise and other things (such as a movie of Kiriana in 3-D IMAX), and watched I Am David. Elisabeth and I also managed to read aloud the entirety of Shakespeare's Timon of Athens over two days (this was not entirely of our free will, as we had to have it done for a class, and I must say it seemed like one of the Bard's poorer efforts--I hope the speculation that it was unfinished is correct!). We crammed a lot into those days--and there was more than what I described--all without much of a fixed plan as to what we were going to do. I'm really glad I made the trip, and I'm looking forward to the next time we can get together. :-D My thanks to the whole family for making room for me and letting me have so much fun!

For the interested, here are a few pictures (click to enlarge).


Andrew on the guitar, Elisabeth, and Matthew.



Elisabeth and Stephanie on the beach.



Walking on the beach.



4/5 of the gang. :-)



On the Poulsbo docks.



In the car on the way back.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Sounds like it was fun!