Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Yeah, That's Just Great!

Why is it that I have to come up with my most bizarrely curious story ideas RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A BIG BUCKETLOAD OF SCHOOL? :-P And why, pray tell, does this story idea have to wait until I finish Kirana AND Immortality and get started on the bally Epidemic? Well, okay, you're right, it doesn't HAVE to wait that long, but I can't just throw all my other projects in the dustbin, because they're very fun too and I've put a lot into them.

Just to give you an idea of how different this one is--again!--the protagonist is a 41 year-old Japanese hitwoman with a BIG secret. :D

P.S. Don't ask why 41 precisely, it just sounded right!

P.P.S. Anyone else noted the strong supernatural trend in my writing? It's interesting. tLoN is chock full of supernatural powers, the Amazoni have supernatural strength, Pelen is physically invincible, Mad Mariah features supernatural spiritual warfare, and both The Epidemic and this other story, not to mention Deus ex Homine, my latest short story, will all feature some kind of unique and otherwordly powers. I think my only major exceptions so far are The Motel and my failed Viking invasion of Ireland novel. :-D

1 comment:

Sir David M. said...

Ah! Uncannily enough, I'm in exactly the same predicament. A story having to do with Vikings and Saxons in 892 A.D. has come to mind, and I'm struggling with the idea of beginning it now, right in the middle of two stories and copious amounts of school! Bah!

Another trend I observe in your writing, maintained in this newest story: female protagonists. You make rather extensive use of them.