Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ah, dreams.

Last night I dreamt that I met Barack Obama. He was feeding a small animal--a duck or a squirrel or something--that was swimming around in a swimming pool, and a huge crocodile later turned up in the same body of water. Mom uncovered a massive inconsistency in his campaign, leaving him to sputter "Well...um...I...uh..." in response. It later turned out the reason for this inconsistency was that Mr. Obama had received a full hemispherectomy--which operation I received, and then Mom woke me up. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. :D

What did you think of Arms and the Man? I didn't know you were reading that-- I just finished it today. And is The Language of God by Francis Collins?

Connor Hamilton said...

Arms and the Man was clever and mildly interesting. I liked the dialogue, and the humor worked pretty well. Theoretically I suppose it was pretty good, but I actually haven't thought about it much since I read it, so it must not have been very compelling. What led you to read it?

No, it's by Ron Julian and the two Crabtree brothers, David and Jack (all tutors at Gutenberg College). :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, just a recommendation from a friend. I enjoyed it! I found it quite entertaining. :-D

Oh, okay! What is it about, then? (The other book by the same name is on science and faith.)

Sir David M. said...

Minus the fauna, the whole dream sounds quite realistic to me. I wouldn't bat an eye were I to learn that it really transpired. Even the hemispherectomy doesn't seem too out of place: perhaps that's why Obama's ears look so large? :-D