Saturday, May 31, 2008

Recital

EDIT: It turns out this was one of the better recitals my teacher's studio has had, I think (it's my fourth one with her, I believe). Most of the playing was good, and the venue was amazing. Not only did the audience like my piece, but I was pretty happy with it too! I did make a few mistakes, but they weren't noticeable, and I really got "in" the interpretation. So hoorah for that! Go to Mom's blog to see some more details and a picture of me trying out the piano with a different piece before the recital started. I'm sure I looked pretty much the same for the Rachmaninoff, except my hands never cross in it. (End edit).

My spring recital is later this afternoon, in which I'll be playing the Prelude in C# Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff. If you happen to think of it, please pray for my teacher (it must be nerve-wracking to watch your own nervous students) and all the students participating. :-)

In another news, yesterday was my last official day of school. I have some things to finish off today, but after that, my schoolwork load will drop to almost nil (a day or two of science to finish off, my Summer Shakespeare class, maybe a bit of self-taught Greek). I am hopeful that a lot of writing will house in those suddenly untenanted hours.

Cheerio!

4 comments:

Breanna said...

Is it the same song you played for the Evening of the Arts at church?


I'm sure you'll play wonderfully!


Breanna

Connor Hamilton said...

Thanks, Breanna! Yes, it's the same one I played at EotA. :)

Anonymous said...

What are you learning Greek from?

Connor Hamilton said...

Introduction to Attic Greek by Donald Mastronarde.