Monday, May 19, 2008

Greetings from Eugene!

I'm writing this from a hotel room a half mile or so from the University of Oregon, which means half a mile or so from Gutenberg College. I sat in on four classes today, and it was fantastic! The quality and quantity of discussion in the classes here is quite amazing. The town is very pretty, and the students are courteous, hospitable, and respectful learners and discussioners, from what I can tell. We're leaving around lunch time tomorrow, so I'll probably whip up a more detailed post with a few pictures before the week is out.

To quote you, David, "I may be obliged to convince you at gunpoint" to come here. :D

2 comments:

Sir David M. said...

Interestingly enough, I don't remember where I said that. :-D

I'm glad to hear you liked it, and I'm expecting a full and lengthy report with more details than you could shake a pair of reading glases at, including comparative analysis of Gutenberg's and Hillsdale's merits and faults, and perhaps a word or two over the phone. ;-)

Connor Hamilton said...

"'If you’re contemplating taking that lady to the police, I would strongly advise against it,' said Maxwell. 'In fact, I might well be persuaded to convince you at gunpoint.'” :D

I shall try to be as detailed as I reasonably can; Mom and I can go over pros and cons on our way home today. And I'd certainly be happy to call you about it. :-)